Also Judie's been busy delivering 11 quilts and children's bags, hats, scarves and bedsocks to the Salvation Army Women's Refuge in Chermside, and another 102 quilts to various wards in the Royal Children's Hospital along with 33 comfort bags and a couple of bags of hats, and also 65 Xray bags to Premion's Head Office in Brisbane.
We still have organisations waiting to receive quilts, so if you have any completed quilts at home, could you please bring them with you, or send them with someone to our next meeting, which is on Monday 16th.
If you are intending to participate in the machine quilting workshop that Judie is giving you will need to bring the following:
- four pieces of 50cm x 50cm homespun cotton (any colour, cream is best)
- 1 reel of cream thread or the colour to match your coloured homespun
- 1 reel of grey thread for contrast
- your 1/4" foot
- your walking foor (and accessories that came with it in the box)
- your sewing machine manual
- your Machine Quilting instructions that were sent to you via email last fortnight
- your sewing machine, together with any extension table that comes with the machine
- extra extension and power boards (named please)